Nigerian passport holders intending to travel to Tanzania must obtain a visa prior to departure. Tanzanian visa approvals cover visits to Zanzibar, which is an autonomous region of Tanzania.
Find out how to plan your trip to Zanzibar here.
Types of Visas and Fees:
1. Single-Entry Visa (maximum of 90 days) – $50
2. Multiple-Entry Visa (granted for up to 1 year, however, maximum stay at a time must not exceed 90 days) – $100
3. Business Visa (single entry) – $250
How to apply for a Tanzania Visa in Nigeria:
An application is made in person to the Tanzania High Commission in Abuja, or you can apply through a host i.e a registered travel/tour agent or resident in Tanzania. Local travel/tour companies in Nigeria may also assist with this process.
If you opt for the latter, you would be required to submit (to your travel agent) a copy of your passport data page, and a recent passport photo. When your visa is approved, you will receive an email notification. The original copy of your Tanzania visa will be forwarded to your port of arrival, and notification of visa approval will be sent to your email.
Typically, you would receive your visa within a week. However, allow up to 2 weeks prior to your departure date to avoid any delays. Note that your travel agent will charge an extra fee for this service.
Below are the requirements to submit an application to the Tanzania High Commission in Abuja:
The following documents are required for your Tanzania visa application in Nigeria:
- Completed visa application form. Find the forms here.
- A valid passport (valid for at least six months from the date of your application)
- 2 recent passport-sized photo
- Visa fee
- An invitation letter or hotel reservation
- Six-months bank statement
- Yellow Fever vaccination certificate
- Copy of certificate of registration and official Identity Card, in case of business visa.
- Any refusal notice from other embassies.
Please allow up to 2 weeks prior to your departure date.
Where to submit your Tanzania Visa application:
Tanzania High Commission
No 21, Yedseram Street, off IBB Way
Opposite Cubana Suites (formerly ALGON House), Maitama,
P.M.B 5125, Wuse Abuja, Nigeria.Tel.: +234 9 2910825 / +234 9 2914803
Office Hours: (Monday – Friday) 9.00am – 3.30pm
Consular / VISA Hours: (Monday – Friday) 8.30am – 12.30pm
Visa Collection: (Monday – Friday) 2.00am – 3.30pm