Australian visa requirements and procedure for Nigerians: Nigerian citizens travelling to Australia require a visa to enter and remain in the country. Find out everything you need to know about applying for an Australian Visa in Nigeria.
Visa Category includes:
- Visitor visa – for tourists, family visits and business purposes.
- Transit visa – for people who wish to transit through Australia and who do not qualify for transit without a visa.
- Medical treatment- for people to have medical treatment or medical consultations.
Our focus will be on the ‘Visitor Visa’ category. This visa allows you visit Australia for up to three, six or twelve months-
- as a visitor
- for business visitor activities
- to visit family.
- Select the visa subclass which corresponds to the purpose and duration of your intended travel to Australia.
- Download the checklist of supporting documents required for your visa
- Compile relevant documents and complete visa application form.
- Book an appointment at the Visa Application Center to lodge your application.
- Lodge application at the Visa Application Center. Your biometric details will be captured (fingerprints and a digital photograph) and you will pay both the Visa Application fee and the Application Service fee.
- Wait for the decision on your visa application.
- Valid International passport and all copies of previous visas.
- Bank Statement
- Recent passport photograph (in the prescribed form which is 45mmX35mm)
- Proof of accommodation
- Certified true copy of birth certificate
- Evidence of property or significant asset owned in your home country
- Letter of introduction from your employer/Leave approval
- If you are self employed, certified true copies of your business registration documents.
- Polio Vaccination Certificate
- Yellow fever Vaccination Certificate
- Any other relevant document to support your application.
What you need to know:
- Your application will be forwarded to the Australian High Commission for further processing. Please note that all visa applications to Australia from Nigeria are processed through the Australian High Commission in Pretoria, South Africa.
- The average processing time for this visa category is one month. If you have not heard from the application center after two months, it is possible that your application was denied. You should contact the Visa Application Center or the Visa and Immigration Section at the Australian High Commission in Pretoria via email at email@example.com. This is the preferred contact method and all inquiries are responded to within 48 hours.
- You should not make arrangements to travel to Australia until advised that your application has been approved.
- All documents must be certified by the relevant authority.
- A certificate of vaccination against Polio and Yellow Fever should be submitted with your visa application to avoid delays.
Please note that Teleperformance Ltd now manages the visa application centers in Nigeria.
Teleperformance visa centers are located in Abuja and Lagos at the locations below:
Address: 3rd Floor, El Yakub Muhktar Place, Zakariya Maimalari Street,CBD, Abuja
Address: 5th & 6th Floors Etiebets Place, 21 Bank Anthony Way, Ikeja. Lagos.
GOOD LUCK PLANNING YOUR TRIP TO AUSTRALIA!
To find out how to apply for a Chinese Visa, read here.