Nigerian Passport Holders who intend to visit Brazil must first obtain a visa at the Embassy of Brazil in Lagos, Nigeria. Before you begin your Brazil visa application in Nigeria, please note the following:
Visa applications are received at the Embassy from Monday to Thursday (except public holidays) between 10:00 AM and 1:00 PM.
You do not need to schedule an appointment to submit your application.
Visa processing time takes about 21 business days, but according to the case and type of visa, it may take longer.
Yellow fever vaccines are not required but yet recommended when travelers intend to visit the following States in Brazil: Acre, Amapá, Amazonas, Bahia, Distrito Federal, Espírito Santo, Goiás, Maranhão, Mato Grosso, Mato Grosso do Sul, Minas Gerais, Pará, Piauí, Rio de Janeiro, Rondônia, São Paulo and Tocantins.
- Decide on the type of visa you want.
- Complete the online visa application.
- Ensure you upload all your supporting documents (photo, signature, letter of introduction, passport data page, letter of introduction or invitation etc.) You can reduce/compress the file size to ensure they are within the 5MB upload limit. Note that you are still required to submit hard copies of these documents at the Embassy.
- Submit your application online, print the confirmation page, sign it and use a paper gum to attach your passport to the form.
- Download and print the second visa application form, sign and attach a recent passport photo. Click here to download the form.
- Prepare and attach all supporting documents. Remember to attach a printed copy of your passport data page – preferably a colored copy.
- Pay your visa application fee at Stanbic IBTC Bank. As of March 2019, the cost for a Tourist and Business visa is N36,000. The Account Name is Brazilan Consulate-General and the Account Number is 0015680632.
- Visit the Embassy at Plot 257 Kofo Abayomi Street, Victoria Island to submit your visa application. You are required to submit the online confirmation slip, completed visa application form, international passport, and all supporting documents.
- Wait for a decision on your application. You can track your application online through this link.
- If approved, the visa will be ready for pickup from Monday to Thursday between
- You may also leave a prepaid self-addressed courier mail envelope from any courier service company for the return of the original passport and visa. The envelope must have a tracking number.
- Because visa policies change often, always check with the Embassy at the official page for updated information about Brazil visa application in Nigeria.
- If you are traveling for tourism, an invitation letter is not required. However, you must attach your hotel reservation and flight itinerary.
- Include a comprehensive tour itinerary of your entire stay in Brazil. Go online and research on the places you would like to visit and plan your days well in advance.
- If you are in paid employment, include an introduction letter from your Employer, a leave approval letter, ID card and 6 months bank statement highlighting your monthly income.
- Your air ticket and hotel reservation should allow for a refund in case of visa denial.
- Where you have an invitation letter from a sponsor, attach your sponsor’s financial records and evidence of permission to stay in the country.
- For a tourist visa, apply on your own and allow your application to be assessed on its strength.