Nigerian Passport Holders who intend to visit Cuba, must obtain a visa at the Cuban Embassy located in Abuja.
Types of Cuba Visas
There are different types of Cuban visa depending on your reason for visiting. Cuban visas include:
- Tourist Visa (Tourist Card)
This is valid for 30 days. It is for leisure travel to enjoy the sites and sounds of Cuba, or for visiting friends and family in Cuba . No business activities are permitted.
- Transit Visa
` This is generally valid for 3 days or less, for transferring through a port in Cuba to a third destination.
- Business Visa
This is issued for participating in short term business activity in Cuba.
- Other Visas
These include Cuban Student visa, Temporary worker visa, Family visa and Press visa, /D-6 etc.
Required documents to apply for a Cuban Visa:
- The completed visa application form for Cuba
- Passport size photographs with white background, taken within the last 6 months.
- Valid national passport and one photocopy of the data page
- Your passport containing the valid visa if you’re citizen of another country and a photocopy
- Updated bank statement and one photocopy
- A letter of confirmation from your travel insurance for Cuba showing the coverage and a photocopy
- Reference letter from your employer or education establishment stating that a leave of absence has been granted and that you will be returning to your current job.
- If you are self-employed or retired, include a copy of your business license/ tax return or your retirement fund .
- For business visas, A signed business letter from the host company in Cuba will be required to explain the purpose of the trip and dates of travel.
- If you plan to travel in a group, provide documents to support this.
- Proof of accommodation/hotel reservation in Cuba
- One original and a photocopy of the airline ticket reservation for Cuba
- Cuban visa fees for citizens and residents of Nigeria
After the compilation of all the required documents, submit them personally at the Cuban embassy.
Please, note the following before submission:
1. Pay the stipulated visa processing fee at the embassy.
2. Your visa application form submission and processing can only be done at the Embassy in Abuja.
3. All the documents to be submitted should be packed in an office flat file.
4. Present yourself for biometric fingerprint formality, if there is any at the embassy.
5. Submit your completed visa application form well ahead of your travel to allow the embassy time for processing the visa.
The Cuban embassy is located at:
Plot 339, Diplomatic Drive, Central Area District, Abuja.
Phone: (234-9) 461 4821 / 22
Cuban Embassy Phone Numbers in Abuja: (09) 461.4821 (Int): +234.9.461.4821
Cuban Embassy Fax Numbers in Abuja: (09) 234.8942 (Int): +220.127.116.1142
Website: http: / / www. cubadiplomatica . cu / nigeria / EN/Home. aspx