While travel is a physical venture, you can also travel on the pages of books. Reading travel-related books will widen your imagination and motivate you to go out and see the world. Here is a listing of some travel novels you should read.
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- The Beach by Alex Garland
- The shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
- In a Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson
- Travel as Transformation by Gregory V. Diehl
- Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer
- Wanderlust by Elizabeth Eaves
- Vagabonding by Rolf Rotts
- The Art of Travel by Alainde Botton
- Around the world in eighty days by Jules Verne
- King Solomon Mines by Sir H. Rider Haggard
- Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
- Blood River: A journey to Africa’s broken heart by Tim Butcher
These travel books make for a delightful and insightful read.