As part of our Hotel Exploration series, Margaret (the Ajala Bug) and I stayed a night in Villa Angelia Hotel, a beautiful boutique hotel located in a quiet and safe residential area in Ikoyi, Lagos.
The hotel offers discreet personalized service for long-term and short-stay visitors. It is an ideal accommodation for professional business travelers, family or individuals who desire privacy.
Villa Angelia Hotel has 40 luxury bedrooms housed in the main building and the annex, consisting of standard rooms, deluxe rooms, one (1) and two (2) bedroom apartments with free access to WiFi in all areas. Other facilities include a swimming pool, fitness center, conference hall, and restaurant.
Margaret and I stayed in the 2 bedroom apartment which is suitable for a family. The apartment has a beautiful living room, dining area, kitchenette, guest toilet, etc.
It was 8:00 pm and I had afang soup with poundo yam. 🙂 My soup wasn’t fresh. 🙁
As a typical ‘Akwa Ibom babe’ who loves her native food, I know my ‘afang soup’ and my ‘afang‘ knows me. 🙂
“Afang soup is to an Akwa Ibomite what Jollof rice is to the average Nigerian” 🙂
The Swimming Pool
Breakfast was served in the apartment and I had the full English breakfast.
Room Rates (as at November 2017)
Standard Room (main building) – NGN 47,000 ($130)
Standard Room (annex) – NGN 35,000 ($95)
Deluxe Room (main Building) – NGN 63,000 ($174)
Deluxe Room (annex) – NGN 43,000 ($119)
Junior Suite (main building) – NGN 68,000 ($188)
Junior Suite (annex) – NGN 55,000 ($152)
Deluxe Suite (main building) – NGN 71,000 ($195)
Deluxe Suite (annex) – NGN 58,000 ($160)
2 Bedroom Apartment (main building) – NGN 102,000 ($280)
2 Bedroom Apartment (annex) – NGN 71,000 ($196)
Address: 2/7 Okunola Martins Close, Off Okotie Eboh Street, Ikoyi
My Final Thoughts on Villa Angelia Hotel
- It is a decent hotel. Rooms are basic but neat.
- The hotel is centrally located in a safe and quiet neighborhood. If you are looking for some privacy, this is the place for you.
- Free parking is available in the main building and the annex.
- The hotel offers airport transfer and shuttle service with an escort.
- WiFi is free and the connection was good.
- The gym is small.
- The electronic door (Room 105) malfunctioned a few times, thereby impeding access to the apartment.
- The chef needs to come for lessons on some native Akwa Ibom Cuisines. 🙂
There you have it – My Review of staying at Villa Angelia.
Have you wined, dined or stayed at Villa Angelia Hotel?
Tell me about your experience.
Read more: My Review of Staying at The George Hotel