Here is how to make the best plan for your solo trip abroad:
1. Pick the right location. It matters.
Some locations are good for solo travel while others would require more effort/money to do the things you want to do. Do your research before you go.
2. Pick the right accommodation; one with good support as well as common areas where you can connect with other travelers.
3. Join group activities. This is one sure way to connect with others easily, particularly people who are also traveling solo. I have connected with amazing people who have become friends just by joining group tours in cities I have visited.
4. Step out of your comfort zone. Start a conversation with a stranger, talk to the waiter or waitress at the restaurant, connect with the locals. People are more open to connect with us than we envisage.
5. Enjoy your own company. This is certainly one of my favorite things to do when traveling alone. Take time to do something you’ve always wanted to do by yourself, without being burdened with pleasing anyone else. It is priceless.
6. Money is important. If you’re traveling solo, then you’ll bear 100 percent of the cost of doing the things you want to do.
E.g taking a taxi, hiring a private tour guide or any other activities which would be cheaper if you had someone to share the costs with.
Therefore, have sufficient money to meet your needs.
“Traveling alone will be the scariest, most liberating, life-changing experience of your life.”
Try it at least once