The Hotel Moorhouse Ikoyi Lagos Mgallery by Sofitel is a stylish hotel conveniently located in the Ikoyi area of Lagos, Nigeria. It is ideal for both business and leisure travellers as well as residents of the city who desire a refreshing weekend away from home. There are up to 4 conference/meeting rooms, a fitness room with massage therapists on request, an outdoor swimming pool, an art gallery, a wine bar and a gourmet restaurant.
The highlight of my experience in The Moorhouse Ikoyi was my bed and the food. On a scale of one to ten, they rate an easy 9 for the quality sleep i experienced at night.
The hotel has 94 rooms made up of:
Superior room- NGN 57,950 ($190)
Deluxe Room- NGN 62,000 ($203)
Executive Suite- NGN 80,000 ($262)
The bed at Moorhouse is one of the best I have slept on. My room had thick dark curtains, the pillows were soft and intensely pleasurable, the bed absorbed every move I made and the linens complimented it perfectly.Sleep was such a delight, and I loved it.
The Food and the Restaurant
Mr. Bright, who waited on Friday, 1st December 2017 would have to be my star of the day. He was warm, courteous and quick to respond to our needs.
The gym at The Moorhouse Ikoyi is small but neat and functional.
The Pool Area
The hotel is stylishly designed with lots of greenery which can be well appreciated from the pool area. The ambience is serene and gorgeous and retains some of the old Ikoyi charm and beauty.
The Art Gallery
The Meeting/Conference Rooms
My Final Thoughts on The Moorhouse Ikoyi
- Visit The Moorhouse Ikoyi for the bed. It is divine!!!
- The hotel is conveniently located in a quiet area in Ikoyi.
- The hotel is styled with exotic wood accents which provides a “home away from home” feel.
- The food is tasty and very good.
- Complimentary WiFi is available to guests in all areas
- The rooms are clean and the air-conditioning works fine.
- The hotel is currently understaffed, making service slow.
- The pool was not available for use when I visited.
- Some areas need to be refurbished, e.g the rugs in the hallway and the rooms.
- There was no hot water running in my room.
There you have it! My Review of staying at The Moorhouse Ikoyi.
Have you stayed at The Moorhouse before? Share your experience here.
Read more: My Review of Staying at The George Lagos