Explore the sights and sounds of this beautiful and famous holiday destination in North West, England. The Lake District is a popular holiday destination in North West England. It is famous for its breathtaking lakes, forests, soaring mountains, sandy coastline, and historic literary associations. This is a must-see destination for anyone visiting the United Kingdom.
Things to do:
- Go on a walking tour.
- Race through the Lake District on a mountain bike.
- Take a boat trip on lake Windermere, England’s longest lake.
- Discover the life and times of William Wordsworth, one of England’s great romantic poets. Take an entertaining guided tour of Dove Cottage, where he lived, and find out about the Wordsworths’ daily life.
- Explore South Lakes Safari Zoo.
- Visit ‘Theater by the Lake’. The theater offers a wide range of visiting drama, music, dance, talks, comedy and film.
- Visit Blackwell Arts and Crafts House.
- Explore Rydal Mount.
- Explore Lakeland Motor Museum.
- Visit Armitt Gallery, Museum & Library.