How do you like your spaghetti? Today on Food Adventures, i won’t just show you how i love my pasta, i’ll also show you how to make spaghetti bolognese. Traveling around Italy and tasting some of the best pasta dishes known to man, has influenced the way i prepare my pasta.
As the staple food of traditional Italian cuisine, spaghetti is popularly served with tomato sauce and a combination of different herbs and spices, vegetables and meat. It is indeed one of my favorite dishes and it is also easy to prepare.
- Blended tomatoes
- Pepper & salt
- Crushed chillies
- Seasoning cubes
- Herbs/Spices (origanum, mixed herbs, sage, paprika, ginger)
- Minced meat
- Olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- Cheese (optional)
How to prepare spaghetti bolognese:
- Spice minced meat, mix evenly and make into meat balls.
- Heat oil in a large wok or sauce pan.
- Add finely chopped onion and garlic to the heated oil and stir.
- Add meat balls.
- Add blended tomatoes, crushed chillies, herbs/spices and cook.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, in a separate pot, boil water, add salt and a tablespoon of olive oil. Add your spaghetti and cook. Ensure it remains al dente (cooked but still firm). Drain the water.
Heat butter in sauce pan or wok, add spaghetti, parsley, mixed herbs and salt to taste.
Serve with tomato sauce. You can grate cheese on it.
And there you have it…
There are other ways to make your pasta which may include adding spaghetti to the tomato sauce, stirring and allowing it steam for a few minutes before you serve. This is how i like my pasta.
For more on Food Adventures, read here.