Seychelles is an archipelago and country in the Indian Ocean. It comprises of 115 islands located off the eastern coast of Africa. Mahe is the largest island of the Seychelles and is home to the Seychellois capital, Victoria. This Seychelles island accommodates 86% of the country’s total population.
Praslin is the second largest of the primary islands and La Digue is the third largest inhabited Seychelles Island.
The Seychelles islands are a choice place for newlyweds. A visitor’s permit is issued free of charge for the first 3 months, on arrival in Seychelles.
Language: English, French and Creole
Currency: Seychellois rupee
Weather: The climate in Seychelles is hot and humid with temperatures varying from 24 to 30 °C
Things to do in Seychelles
- Spend time in Victoria and explore the city.
- Visit the National Museum of history and Seychelles National Botanical Gardens in Victoria.
- Visit the beaches: Anse intendance in Mahe Island, Anse Source d’Argent in La Digue Island and Anse Lazio in Praslin Island.
- Expolre Valee de Mai Nature Reserve in Praslin
- Visit Aldabra Atoll: Aldabra is the original home of the giant land tortoise and tiger sharks.
- Go scuba diving, snorkeling, and fishing.
- Go hiking in Mahe Island. The Seychelles tourism office has a few descriptions of the hiking routes with maps available to be purchased.
Read more: Fun Things to do in Abu Dhabi