No doubt, Cuba has experienced a tourism boom in recent years. The country has its own uniqueness and it is remarkable.
Here are 5 interesting facts I discovered about Cuba.
1) Cuba is well-known for its rich cultural heritage. It is listed on the UNESCO World Heritage Site with 9 sites, 7 of them are cultural and 2 are natural.
2) Cuba has one of the highest literacy rates in the world , 99 of every 100 Cubans are able to read and write. Education is also free, & for everyone aged between 6-15, it is mandatory to attend school.
3) Cuba has one of the best health care systems in the world. Medical care are provided for free by the government in Cuba.
4) There are two currencies in Cuba: CUC (Cuban Convertible Pesos) & CUP (Cuban National Pesos). The CUC is used mostly by tourists , and the CUP is common among locals. For exchange purpose the $1USD = 1 CUC. You may get less USD for the CUC in some stores. I was charged USD68 for 60 CUC.
5) Both men and women in Cuba are required to serve two years of compulsory military service between 17 and 28 years of age.
There you have it. Have you visited Cuba before?