What is on your bucket list??? Top on my list is the Australian City of Melbourne. Australia is an island country known for its beautiful coastal areas. It is bordered by Papua New Guinea, Indonesia and East Timor to the north, the Solomon Islands and Vanuatu to the north-east and New Zealand to the south-east. Australia is a developed country and one of the wealthiest in the world.
Melbourne is a city in the Australian State of Victoria and the second most populous city in Australia. It is known as the cultural and sporting capital of Australia with Victorian-era architecture, extensive shopping, museums, galleries, theaters, and large parks and gardens. The city attracts many tourists every year for good reasons.
Weather: Summer is the warmest season with temperatures above 35 and 40°C. Winters can be cool with temperatures around 14 degrees.
Reasons to visit Melbourne
- Major sporting events: Melbourne is known for its world class sporting facilities.
- Melbourne has been voted the world’s most liveable city out of 140 cities measured worldwide for its stability, health care, culture, environment, education and infrastructure
- Great food destination: Nearly every type of food is represented in Melbourne with quality restaurants.
- Melbourne is one of the most multicultural cities in the world.
- Melbourne is one of Australia’s best shopping destinations.
- It is easy and cheap to travel around Melbourne. The road system is excellent and there are lots of trams, trains and buses.
- Grampians National Park
- Great Ocean road
- Philip Island
- Royal Botanical Gardens
- National Gallery of Victoria
- St. Patrick’s Cathedral
- St. Paul’s Cathedral
- Federation Square
- Shrine of Remembrance
- Port Campbell National Park
- Australian Centre for Moving Image.
- Degraves Street