What is the best or worst travel advice you have ever received? Here are 10 ways to stay safe when traveling;
- Obtain sufficient information about your destination.
- Scan all travel documents and email them to yourself or someone close to you.
- Never keep all your cash and cards in one bag.
- Monitor your debit/credit card activities.
- Do not use your first name when checking into hotels.
- Cover the peephole on your room door.
- Visit tourist attractions at off peak hours
- Stay in touch with family and friends. Let them know your itinerary.
- Dress appropriately.
- Avoid staying out after dark.
For tips on solo traveling, read here.