So, last year summer I got to go on a 7 day Carnival Southern Caribbean Cruise with my significant other at the time and the vacation was suggested by him 😊. I need to learn to take more pictures capturing moments on vacations.
Anyways, we did 5 countries boarding from San Juan, Puerto Rico. It was a fun and memorable experience and I would definitely recommend a cruise ship vacation.
*Go as a group with fun adventurous people, not just as a couple. 😄
*I’m a planner and all about research. We chose a room that was on the upper decks and close to the middle of the ship. No sea sickness here, until I indulged in some alcohol at a comedy show and the boat was swaying a lot that night, I held it together though. 🙂
*Splurge a little and choose a balcony room. The view is lovely and fresh air is needed when you are in your room.
* Leave your diets at home, there are too many varieties of food and restaurants to decline.
* Don’t go with the ship cruise’s excursion because they are overpriced. There are other options. We used Shore Trips, so choose a legit company though.
* If you choose to go swimming with dolphins, take roughly US$100 with you, you pay for the pictures they take. (They definitely find ways to make more money)
* Be adventurous and take one of those taxi tour or even a private taxi. You’ll be fine, I’m still alive right? 🙂
* You are allowed to bring bottles of water so do just that. I won’t recommend drinking the water on the ship.
* If you want diamonds or jewelries, bring US$ it’s cheaper to buy.
* Ladies do bring an evening dress because people do go all out for the dining event, I learnt the hard way.
*Go for the comedy shows and the other shows as well.
* Be a kid again and go play games in the game room.
* Do tip the Ship crew workers, they work really hard.
Lastly, travel, travel travel. There’s so much to see, experience and people to meet.